Saga Communications’ Des Moines Radio Group is hiring for a part-time Promotions and Marketing Assistant position! If you are a motivated individual who is looking to extend your education and experience in radio broadcasting or the world of marketing and promotions and have a desire to get your foot in the door at Des Moines’ highest-rated group of stations, then you would make a great member of the Des Moines Radio Group Promotions team!
The Des Moines Radio Group Part-Time Promotions and Marketing Assistant will ultimately understand our stations and gain the skills to implement their goals. Through education, preparation, and respect, we will offer the most sought-after broadcast experience in Iowa. You will get the chance to attend and execute station events, live remote broadcasts, and private VIP listener parties. Plus, you will be an important part of the day-to-day operations of the Des Moines Radio Group’s 9 stations. By executing marketing campaigns and on-the-street promotions for clients and various charity organizations, you will become a vital asset to our success!
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
- Be able to work up to 26 hours a week
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box
- Computer skills, both Microsoft Office and Office 365 (required) and Adobe (preferred)
- Reliable transportation & a valid driver’s license
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS:
- The ability to shoot and edit video
- The ability to shoot and edit photos
- Knowledge of graphic design programs
- Basic event planning skills
- Knowledge of broadcast radio equipment and programs is preferred but not necessary
TO APPLY: If you are excited to learn, become a part of the big picture, and – most importantly – have fun, apply now! Send your resume, cover letter, and recommendations to the following:
Director of Marketing and Promotions
1416 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
No phone calls please. The Des Moines Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.