Saga Communications’ Des Moines Radio Group is hiring for seasonal promotions and marketing part-time staff positions for the Summer of 2019! This seasonal position will run from May 2019 through August 2019. If you are a motivated individual who is looking to extend your education and experience in radio broadcasting or the world of marketing and promotions and have a desire to get your foot in the door at Des Moines’ highest-rated group of stations, then you would make a great member of the Des Moines Radio Group Promotions team!
The Des Moines Radio Group Part-Time Promotions Staff will ultimately understand our stations and gain the skills to implement their goals. Through education, preparation and respect, we will offer the most sought after broadcast experience in Iowa. You will get the chance to attend station events, concerts, and private VIP listener parties. Plus, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with department heads, on-air staff, and industry insiders, all excited to help you advance your broadcast career! You will interact with the nearly 300,000 listeners of Des Moines Radio Group’s 9 stations on a daily basis. By executing marketing campaigns and on-the-street promotions for clients and various charity organizations, you will become a vital asset to our success! It is hard work – but very rewarding.
Requirements for the job:
- Be able to work up to 26 hours but no less than 10 hours a week
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Computer skills both Microsoft Office and Office 365 (required) and Adobe (preferred)
- Reliable transportation & a valid drivers license
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Preferred but not required skills:
- The ability to shoot and edit video
- The ability to shoot and edit photos
- Knowledge of graphic design programs
- Basic event planning skills
- Knowledge of broadcast radio equipment and programs is preferred but not necessary
To Apply. If you are excited to learn, become a part of the big picture, and – most importantly – have fun, apply now! Send your resume, cover letter, and recommendations no later than March 15, 2019.
1416 Locust Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
No phone calls, please. The Des Moines Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.